whycantIgetaname

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Click


Bruges, Belgium, April 19, 1998

My love of photography developed (uh...sorry about the pun, heh) around 1983, when I received a Minolta 35mm camera from my parents. When I was in kindergarten, my beloved teacher, Mrs. Lonsdale, encouraged my artistic abilities (I loved to draw). As a grew older, though, I became more and more critical of my talents, and I pretty much gave up drawing and painting during junior high school. Reading became a much more satisfying way of escaping the rigors of school -- which I absolutely hated.

It was after moving away from home at age eighteen that photography became a regular hobby. And once I started traveling? Out of control. I tried compiling a Top Ten list of favorite photos but, damn, it was like choosing a favorite child. So, what I think I'll do is divide them up into regions or cities, etc., and present Best Of... posts. That way, I can include a lot more of my work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home