whycantIgetaname

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Back Again Once More

Where have my blogging manners gone? Anyway, I'm back. My friend Natasha told me I needed to get back on the ball here, and I respond well to direction! Heh.

In the time that elapsed between posts, I spent a week in San Francisco and another in New York. And in each place I discovered a favorite eatery (World Sausage -- hey, they had veggie dogs there, dude -- in SF; Rue des Crepes in NYC) had closed since my previous visits. See, I like to find a place I like and then just go back for a meal each time I visit. Very disorienting. And given how I plan out almost every last second of a trip, it required me to have to find a Plan B restaurant back up.

Mother's Day weekend was weird: on Saturday, I went to take my mom out for brunch, but when I got to my folks' house, she told me she was going to drive us over to Jack in the Box (!!!) and my dad was paying for it. I'm all, Whatever. So that was our Mother's Day lunch: mom and I eating JITB at the kitchen table while my dad ate his out in the living room on a TV tray. Oh dear me. Sunday was more traditional, with my uncle taking out a bunch of us for brunch at a kind of scary "family restaurant" place in the middle of the Valley. My grandparents, aunt (my uncle's ex-wife, actually), mom, and cousin were there. Grandma and Grandpa are still fairly healthy, although their minds are a little soupy these days. Grandma has short-term memory loss and has lost much of the ability to self censor. As in, for example, when I went to move my arm from around her chair and brushed it against her back. "Are you trying to cop a feel?" she asks. Oh LAWDY.

4 Comments:

Blogger Young Lady said...

Good to have you back, keep bloggin

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! You're back! Glad you took my advice, looking forward to more posting and "ahem" a link to my lil blog would be nice :)

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and here i was feeling guilty that i hadn't checked out your online musings lately.

please, keep posting about your surreptitious attempts to molest your grandmother. also, any "near incest" moments with sis would make for great reading! ;-)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home