whycantIgetaname

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Whaddup, Grandma?

Whoa! Long time, no post.

So I never did get around to posting about my trip in greater detail. I did love Rio de Janeiro and want to return again (relatively) soon. Perhaps for New Year's or Carnaval? We'll see.

In any event, I'm already planning a trip to Istanbul in March. I don't waste any time between vacations, y'know?

Yesterday was my Grandma Gypsy's eighty-eighth birthday. I was hesitant to call to wish her a Happy Birthday; I think I was dreading hearing her sound senile or something. Actually, when she answered and I told her who was calling, she recognized me right away and, in fact, sounded just like she's always sounded: bright and articulate. According to my mother, though, she's starting to lose much of her short-term memory. I'd probably have been more aware of that had we spoken longer.

I'm planning to visit them for lunch (with my sister) at some point soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home