whycantIgetaname

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Freaky Tuesday

Damn, our weather in L.A. today was jacked up. We had thunderstorms and high humidity -- it was like we were temporarily dropped into the Southeast U.S. or some place.

I was in Palm Springs Saturday and Sunday. I was out there to celebrate knowing Stu for twenty damn years, and he and his beau, Mike, and I enjoyed dinner at a Thai food place in town. Sadly, miscommunication nixed my joining my friend Jim and Phil at their own place in PS in order to celebrate twenty years of our friendship. Next year, I'll have known my friend Kenny for twenty years. It's cool having these long-ass friendships, y'know?

Sunday was the sixty-seventh wedding anniversary of Grandma and Grandpa Gypsy. Oh, they are currently living in an assisted care facility, thank goodness. My elder uncle saw the wisdom in moving them out of their place and into a place where they will be well cared for in the years left to them. (Which could still be many: I've got a heap of ancestors who lived into their nineties.)

Happy Birthday is in order for my friend Tim -- who, incidentally, has been a total dweeb by not staying in touch. But I left him a voice mail message with happy wishes anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home